[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - CAD Thingies not working

CAD Thingies not working

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

CAD Thingies not working

Postby Dimitry » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:39 am

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the CAD options? None of them appear to work right.
Dimitry
Active User
Active User

Re: CAD Thingies not working

Postby RWinlow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:17 am

DImitry, the CAD stuff seems to be working O.K. with the new version they put on their website. I was notified by the program that there was an update, opted to download it and lots of the problems I originally had, seem to have gone away, including a lot of the CAD issues.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Dimitry » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 am

I just happened to be on the forum and saw your response. Thanks you very much for the info. I was not asked to download anything from the program, I wonder why. IS there any other way to get the new update?
Dimitry
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:58 pm

You can select Help, Check for Updates to get the update. I think you may also be able to get it from the FAQ page.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Dimitry » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:20 am

Got it late last night, thanks.

In reading some more, it looks like the program is dialing home each time it starts up. The bad thing is it doesn't ask my permission to do so and that's a non-no in today's climate. My firewall, which also monitors outgoing connections to the internet, is really unhappy about this.

Is there a way to turn that off? I don't want my computer automatically contacting any web sites, in particular if there is no disclosure as to what information is being transmitted.
Dimitry
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9