[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Font Size

Font Size

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Font Size

Postby HarryR » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 pm

How can I change the size of the font for the street names? I have a hard time reading them in the 2010 version. Or even change the type of font. The letters seem to run into each other.
HarryR
Active User
Active User

Re: Font Size

Postby Eugene » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:53 am

Impossible. I have been trying to do that for years, with every release of their program. The only thing you can do is increase your default Windows font size, but that screws up all your programs, some dialogs, etc., so you have to learn to live with "hard-to-read" street labels :-( In all fairness, though, if they allowed you to increase the font size to anything you wanted, you could end up with a situation that it was so large, only a few streets could be labeled without interfering with each other. I would much rather have what one of the undertow older programs had, where I could click on the street and have it labeled for *that* session. It was in one of their earlier Precision Mapping versions, but haven't seen it since.

I started using Trailer Life around 2001, or so. I think it was originally made by Chicago Map and then McNally. I still have my 2004 McNally version, which was s breeze to use, I really liked their interface, but it didn't have all the details, the local roads, all the features the newer versions had. I liked that fact that if I just wanted a simple trip I could do one with a few clicks and get a one page trip summary. I am not complaining, I *like* all the new functionality, I just wish they could somehow also bring back some of that old simplicity.
Eugene
Active User
Active User

Postby HarryR » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 am

Too bad. The size and selected font are doing a job on these poor old eyes :-(
HarryR
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:29 pm

That's why I keep getting new glasses. This is problematic with other programs on my system besides TLDCN.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Art, I always wanted to ask you this question, why is the font used for your user name different than everyone else's?
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Don Bryer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 pm

xavier wrote:Art, I always wanted to ask you this question, why is the font used for your user name different than everyone else's?

xavier, the color codes for all IDs is displayed at the bottom of each page with the messages. His color means MPV (like most valuable player). Usually that means the person is making great contributions towards the goals of the forums. Or, may be even getting paid to do so, I am not sure.
Don Bryer
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 am

Don, thanks for explaining and you are right as indicated way to the right of these posts, you'll see a picture of a Class A RV and the letters MVP in red. However I gladly work for free.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Don Bryer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:30 am

artmart wrote:Don, thanks for explaining and you are right as indicated way to the right of these posts, you'll see a picture of a Class A RV and the letters MVP in red. However I gladly work for free.

Sorry, Art. I didn't mean to imply you are getting paid. I just didn't know and had read somewhere that MVPs get paid, may be I remember it wrong :-(
Don Bryer
Active User
Active User

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Don Bryer wrote:
xavier wrote:Art, I always wanted to ask you this question, why is the font used for your user name different than everyone else's?

xavier, the color codes for all IDs is displayed at the bottom of each page with the messages. His color means MPV (like most valuable player). Usually that means the person is making great contributions towards the goals of the forums. Or, may be even getting paid to do so, I am not sure.

Indeed, Don, the color and the little icon next to the user's name indicates MVP (Most Valuable Poster). From time-to-time, the board undergoes a brief review and users that appear to make an extra effort to be helpful and provide useful information are rewarded with this little distinction, as an acknowledgment for their efforts. This doesn't in any way mean that others do not make useful contributions to this board, it's just that MVPs go above and beyond what's expected.

It needs to be stated here that neither MVPs or any other members of this forum are being paid. This is an all volunteer effort to exchange ideas about these products.
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 pm

HarryR wrote:How can I change the size of the font for the street names? I have a hard time reading them in the 2010 version. Or even change the type of font. The letters seem to run into each other.

There is no option to do that from within the program (not that I know if, anyway). However, I had spent some time hunting that down and I found the place where is is specified in the configuration file TLDCN2010.INI I found the [Font] sections and its settings. By trial and error I found out what some of them do and I was them able to change them to change the way the text looked. Here is what I found (Note, I could be wrong because I can't find any description of this from undertow). BTW, my comments are in blue and the should not be part of the configuration file! If you know what the other options in the .INI file specify, please post it here.

[ Font Info ]
IMAX=8 <-- This is the font size for the streets, I changed it to 12
IMIN=6 <-- Not sure what this is, but I set it to 8, in case is has some effect on the font
SMJ=.750 <-- Not sure what this is, but I changed it to 1.00, so bad side effects
SHADO=TRUE <-- ??
SHFACT=128 <-- ??
SHPOL=128 <-- ??
BWON=FALSE <-- ??
SCBAR=TRUE <-- Display the scalebar
NET=FALSE <-- ??
PGR=TRUE <-- ??
BWPRT=TRUE <-- ??
SHPRT=TRUE <-- ??
CDPRT=TRUE <-- ??
SBPRT=TRUE <-- ??
LVIEW=TRUE <-- ??
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby HarryR » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 am

Thank you. Now I have to figure out where the file is and change it :?
HarryR
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)