[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Labeling Streets and Roads

Labeling Streets and Roads

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Labeling Streets and Roads

Postby jbrauch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Does anyone know how to click on a street and label the street.

I know in previous versions that there was a key you could press, then click on the street/road to have PM label it and this was independent of the label visibility setting.

I can't remember which key you press and I emailed support and they didn't know what I was talking about, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
jbrauch
New User
New User

Re: Labeling Streets and Roads

Postby Charlie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Don't remember seeing a feature like this, though it would come in handy.
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Postby paulct » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Charlie, I have been using their products since v2, I might have even fooled around a bit with their v1.0 for DOS :) I have copies of most (not all of them) still installed on my old XP system.

I believe the feature we are talking about was something available in Precision Mapping 6.0. I don't even think it was in Traveler 6 - they were too different products back then. That was 10+ years ago, eons in software time :(

It was part of an older drawing toolbar they had - see below for the button, "L" and the hint for it. No idea why it was removed in versions 7 and above. I didn't really miss it, because I was not using it a lot, but for those who needed it, it was very helpful.

Image1.png
Image1.png (5.9 KiB) Viewed 7688 times
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Charlie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Wow, why would they take such a function out? Anyway, I guess that's why I didn't see it. I don't go that far back ;-)
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Postby jbrauch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:36 pm

I would like to thank everyone who has responded.

I am positive that I have used the feature in v7, but will have to wait till I get back home to find the cd and play with it.

I remember being able to hold down a key or combination of keys and then click with the mouse on the streets I wanted the labels displayed. It was very helpful when I wanted a map that showed more area and could pinpoint the roads that I wanted labeled.

If I figure out how to do this, if possible in v9, I will post it here.

Thanks
jbrauch
New User
New User

Postby Charlie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 am

Did you ever find out if that function is in the new version?
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9