[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Gaspe Penninsula trip questions

Gaspe Penninsula trip questions

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Gaspe Penninsula trip questions

Postby GenFrank » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:24 pm

We are planning a trip around Gaspe Peninsula with a couple of friendly couples (3 rigs, one of them class A, 40’+ with toads). We want to try and see some of the sights on the way from one campground to the next. Does anyone know if all of the rest areas shown on the paper maps are RV friendly? We will be looking for places to stop for coffee breaks, lunch, etc. Or, does anyone know "which" RV friendly?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations about campgrounds along that trip?

Thank you in advance.
GenFrank
New User
New User

Re: Gaspe Penninsula trip questions

Postby TMayers » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:08 pm

We did that a few years ago, it was well worth it! Roads were narrow and had some large cliffs, although I hear they have now expanded them and they also go down to some of the small fishing villages - drive slow! Most rest areas should be O.K. Note that the area can get very foggy, but if it's clear, the drive provides for some great views. We stayed at 4-5 different campgrounds, but I don't recall all the names. The two I recall are CAMPING AU SOLEIL COUCHANT and CAMPING PLAGE BEAUBASSIN, and they were pretty descent.
TMayers
Casual User
Casual User

Postby Ruby22 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 am

It sounds like an exciting trip. I hope you speak French ;-)
Ruby22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Kevin_T » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:44 pm

That's a trip I hope to make some day, when I get older :-) All kidding aside, I have some friends that have done the trip a couple of times and they loved it. Some day, maybe I'll do it - who knows :-)
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013