[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Campground Ratings

Campground Ratings

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Campground Ratings

Postby LouSiampa » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I know the new database doesn't have the ratings any more, so is there any way that I can add my own ratings to campgrounds?
LouSiampa
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Campground Ratings

Postby Ruby22 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:37 am

I don't think you can. I have looked and haven't found a way to do it. But, if you do find it, please make sure you share it here with us.
Ruby22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby RootSeeker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:50 am

I had called them and asked about it. Actually, I had asked them if there *any* way to change or add to the information for a campground already in the system and I was told that I could not. The only thing I could do is add my own park, at the same location, and write a rating as part of its description, which is not all that useful.
RootSeeker
New User
New User

Postby CorineR » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm

LouSiampa, I used to think that the park ratings were the best part of the information, too. However, after I ended up going to some 8-9 rated places that were the worst I've ever been to, I realized that such ratings are almost meaningless, because they are assigned by people, like you and me, and we don't all value the same things in rating a place. I am not saying you shouldn't use them, but I don't think I would, any more.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:13 am

Bingo, CorineR!!! I've been trying to explain this for a while. One person's 8 or 9 is another person's 1 or 2. There's probably a chance that the original moment the rating was created then the place was sold and new management wasn't as caring, or better yet they improved things so that the ratings are now too low. There's just too many things that can mess up ratings and they are TOO much subject to change.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby CorineR » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:01 am

It is, however, interesting how some people blindly believe those ratings! But hey, if it works for them, that's great. They just didn't work for me, after a while, so I stopped paying attention to them.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Postby keithhelms » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 pm

I get more useful information from http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ than from the Trailer Life ratings. The camper posted reviews tell what they liked or didn't like and aren't just a set of numbers. You can usually get a good feel for the campground and can factor out those reviews from people who are obviously excessively whiny.
keithhelms
New User
New User

Postby CorineR » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:53 pm

That's why I said, "But, hey, if it works for them, that's great", because just because *I* didn't find them very useful, it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't :-) BTW, I have used the referenced url in the past, as well. Not bad, but by issue is not with the "aggregators" of the data, but with the contributors.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013