[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Updates

Updates

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Updates

Postby jjbrown6818 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 pm

I am operating the software on a iMac via VMware and Windows 7. I have internet access in Windows. My problem is that when I click on Check for Updates the software appears to go out and search but never returns with a response. I found this to be true in all previous versions of the software. I still have the 2012 version of the software loaded. That is because I have several (more than 12) trips on my system that I refer to for trips I plan for. I found the with the 2013, when I start the program I kept getting notified that an update is available. I loaded it and installed it but I kept getting the same notification until I found that the update it was referring to was for the 2012 software.

Now the main source of my entry. I can't seem to request and download an update via the software. I can download from the UnderTow site and install without a problem and the update appears to install without errors. Should I be able to select "Check for Update" and get a response? Should I be able to download and install updates via the software?
jjbrown6818
New User
New User

Re: Updates

Postby artmart » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 am

If you are running a native Windows environment, then I know this works since I do this all the time.

Unfortunately, you are running on an emulated Windows environment and there's no telling what the bug might lie. It could be in the Mac, the emulation software, VMWARE, the internet link to either or something else. I hope someone here using an emulator can comment but don't expect to get help with UnderTow Software since they could easily declare that you are using an unsupported environment. Notice I said unsupported not invalid or improper. It's just that UnderTow has never declared itself to run on a MAC because they haven't invested supporting a MAC envrionment. I wonder if this would also be the case with Linux.

If you ever get this figured out, you'll be a hero to Mac emulations of Windows users using RVPNG.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby jutravel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Not sure about he Mac part, but I am running the program in a VMware client for win8, hosted on a system running win7 (all 32 bits). I have no problem downloading updates from within the program. Not sure if this helps the OP but it's another data point.
jutravel
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

I think your info helps a lot. It helps narrow things more to the MAC environment. Unfortunately, this is not good news for jjbrown6818 that it will be able to get some support, at least not from UnderTow.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013