[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - How many RV Parks & Campgrounds?

How many RV Parks & Campgrounds?

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

How many RV Parks & Campgrounds?

Postby Macaco » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am

I was trying to put together a short article for an RV blog and was trying to get an idea of the total number or RV Parks and Campgrounds in the US. Does anyone have any idea where I could get those numbers? And, if anyone knows where I can get a breakdown (private parks, public parks, state parks, national parks, etc.) that can accommodate RVs, it would be even better. Just point me to the right source.
Macaco
Active User
Active User

Re: How many RV Parks & Campgrounds?

Postby Chris.Kirky » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:17 am

I can't claim any first hand knowledge, but I have seen some numbers thrown around here and there, like over 100,000 campground locations in the US and over 50,000 that will accommodate RVs, but those numbers do sound high, IMHO.

If someone has any good info about that, it would be interesting to hear.
Chris.Kirky
Casual User
Casual User

Re: How many RV Parks & Campgrounds?

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 am

If this did exist, I'm sure UnderTow wouldn't have had as much trouble putting a campground list together. I believe the answer lies in a collection of listings by several companies. This is why I haven't seen a comprehensive list. Rest assured that as soon as there is one, it will need modifying to remove CGs that went bye-bye or add new ones that pop up, or so many others that need modifying because the information, ownership or other stuff has changed.

There are also quite a few campgrounds that allow RVs and DO NOT allow tenters. I would not be surprised at those numbers but they do seem high, except when there are so many places that allow overnight camping that aren't campgrounds (some Walmarts for example and there are many, many more).
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013