[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Is GoodSam releasing new product?

Is GoodSam releasing new product?

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Is GoodSam releasing new product?

Postby EwingRt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:33 pm

I called GoodSam asking about the RVPNG product and the relationship with Undertow and was told that they will be coming out with their own Trip Planner program towards the end of this year. Is that true? Has anyone else heard anything about it? Will they be developing it themselves or with Undertow, or with a different software company?
EwingRt
New User
New User

Re: Is GoodSam releasing new product?

Postby artmart » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:16 pm

GoodSam? It was Trailer Life that had the relationship with UnderTow. However, I do believe GoodSam, TrailerLife, CampingWorld and so many others that slip my mind are related companies and connected through some larger host company. I do know that UnderTow was not one of them.

I have used the Trailer Life website to plan a trip but the planning is quite limited and I use Trip Planning for much more than RV trips which is why I currently use RVPNG2013 with the most prominence. I wonder how GoodSam's version is going to be different or better?
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby EwingRt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 pm

I wasn't even certain that they will have something, that's why I was asking! Based on what I've been told by GoodSam telephone support, over the years, I don't think most of the time they know what they are talking about. As for the companies, the way that I understand it Goodsam, Woodall, Trailer Life, etc. the are all owned by the same parent company and I think they are actually physically located together. Also, Camping world is part of the same group (but it's located over the country).

Anyway, I was just wondering if there was any truth to the new product or it was just something the GoodSam telephone operator was making up (they tend to make up answers on the fly) :-)
EwingRt
New User
New User

Postby mrhagen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:10 pm

What they need to do is release an "easy-to-use" program, instead of what undertow has created. That, coupled with the quality data from Trailer Life would be a winner. Just my 2 cents...
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 am

I promise that Good Sam or Trailer life offerings in the future will still be limited to their database restrictions for campgrounds and Points of Interests. If you don't mind that, then knock yourselves out.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby dswhite1942 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 am

Good Sam has partnered with Rand McNally for a 7" Rand McNally dashboard GPS that has all the Good Sam parks in it.
dswhite1942
New User
New User

Postby EwingRt » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:14 pm

I actually saw it at one of the Rallys. It was pretty good, though a bit pricey. They have also done one with Magellan, that has all the GS parks. But, I was talking about an RV Planning program. That's what I heard they may be coming out with.
EwingRt
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:55 am

Hmmm, at last check, there's less RV Parks listed as Good Sam than Trailer Life parks so I'm not sure what anyone is expecting to gain except that if you don't like what UnderTow is offering, you DON'T have to stay here.

Software or Nav system, if it's only got Good Sam or Trailer Life, then it's worse than what I have now with UnderTow's RVPNG2013 and what's currently in my truck - a Pioneer AVIC Z1, with plenty of campgrounds beyond Good Sam and Trailer Life combined, plus millions of POIs. I like the UnderTow stuff so I don't have to sit in my truck for Trip Planning.

Please, be done with this topic. I think you put this under Miscellaneous and title it "Who cares what others do"! This speculation is getting nowhere and if and when they do this, start posting in their forum. This is becoming counter-productive within an UnderTow Software Forum and frustrating those of us who paid our $30 and know things will improve.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013