[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - 32 bit versus 64 bit

32 bit versus 64 bit

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

32 bit versus 64 bit

Postby jmsrbrt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Recently purchased the Plan N Go and although the packaging says it would work on a 32 bit Windows XP, 2 Ghz CPU, 2 Gb RAM computer with plenty of HD space, my copy won't play on my 32 bit machine, but WILL play on my wife's 64 bit machine. Did I get a wrong disc, or do I have to buy a new machine?? Emailed Tech Support, but no answer yet.
Bob
jmsrbrt
New User
New User

Re: 32 bit versus 64 bit

Postby Camper22 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Don't really know what might be causing your problem, but I have installed it and running here on a system running XP-32-bit SP3, Win 7 32-bit and win 7 64 bit without any problems at all. I don't think you need a new disk. Something else is going n here.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Skataila » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 am

No problems here on an XP, 32-bit system. Jmsrbrt, what do you mean "it won't play" on that system? Do you mean you can't install it at all, or it installs but will not run?
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Skataila
Active User
Active User

Postby jmsrbrt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 am

By "won't play", I mean after the program installs, you click on the desktop icon, the program opens up with the U.S. map on it, a flash screen appears, then disappears, then reappears and from that point on nothing is "clickable". You can't access the program, and the only way to get out of it is by doing the Ctrl-Alt-Del and using task manager. My 32 bit machine has more than the required capacity to run this, and the program, installed on my wife's 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I believe the problem is with my Windows XP 32 bit computer, and not the disc, but how? How do I fix it without getting new hardware?? I've emailed tech support, but no response to date. Bob.
jmsrbrt
New User
New User

Postby jmsrbrt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 am

UPDATE: I ran the disk cleanup command to get rid of old files, and then the ADD/REMOVE feature in Control Panel, and I am happy to report that the program has opened up and is usable. Never had to to this before, but apparently it helped. Bob
jmsrbrt
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Something probably got corrupted, not installed correctly or something else during the initial installation. I've had this occur on more than one occassion but not for UnderTow products. More times than not if something else is running at the time confusion may occur with the installer.

This occurs even when I run nothing else and don't care enough to find out why. If a reinstall fixes it, then so be it and we move right along.

I'm very glad a reinstall fixed your problem.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby MikeRost » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:06 am

jmsrbrt wrote:UPDATE: I ran the disk cleanup command to get rid of old files, and then the ADD/REMOVE feature in Control Panel, and I am happy to report that the program has opened up and is usable. Never had to to this before, but apparently it helped. Bob

At least you posted an update, unlike most users that never post to say they found the solution. More people should do that!
MikeRost
Active User
Active User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013