[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - No roads around military parks!

No roads around military parks!

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

No roads around military parks!

Postby Kumaria » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 am

Not sure if this is related only to military campgrounds, but in the new version, when I zoom to some of them it seems like there are no roads. Then, when I zoom closer in, I see dotted lines, where the roads are supposed to be. I don't remember this behavior in earlier years. Is it some option setting that controls it? For example, take a look at Jacksonville RV Park (you can search for it). If you are zoomed to anything further out than 1000-2000 feet, there seem to be no roads, but when you zoom in close (500 ft) All sorts of roads with names, etc. show up, all dotted!

I'll have to re-install my old navigator and take a look, but I don't remember this before, that's why I'm thinking there may be some option that I can set to change it.
Kumaria
Active User
Active User

Re: No roads around military parks!

Postby artmart » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:10 pm

This is similar to another topic. The roads, the details, the styles continue to change as the map database (not to be confused with the campground or POI database) seems to change from version to version.

An example I provided was a recreation area we frequent that converted from nothing, to dashed lines to actual roads. We can now plot a trip right to the campground we're staying - there are three and prior releases only allowed plotting to the front gate. Now we can plot through the gate, all the way to the ranger station, then on to the campgrounds and boat ramps and everything else available to the recreation area.

It happens. But they way I see things, if I can locate the front gate, I can figure out the rest since it changes and the roads aren't completely accurate anyway. Some of the roads shown in recreation area I mentioned above are service roads that the public cannot drive on and sometimes get plotted into the trip plan, which is not good for someone who's never been there. Fortunately, I know what roads count but the program does not.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013