[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Too much info on screen

Too much info on screen

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Too much info on screen

Postby Guffeyite » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:47 am

When I drop down to the 1 mile range, tags show up for every campground in the area. I don't need the tags on the screen, they just clutter up the map. Can I eliminate them? Also on POIs, how can I eliminate unwanted POIs like restaurants and attractions when all I want is gas stations?
Guffeyite
New User
New User

Re: Too much info on screen

Postby Skataila » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:56 am

Well, if you find out how to do either on of these things, let me know. I've been trying how to do it forever, without any luck.
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Skataila
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:06 pm

From the menu bar at the top of the window, click on File, then slide down to Program Settings and click there. A new window called "Program Options" will show up that allows you to configure the information displayed in the map for the "Show" tabs.

There are three major boxes to manipulate. For the POIs you are referring to, look at the "Display Below (miles/inch)". You can enable/disable whether to show these (Park Names, Built in POIs, or User POIs) or not by unchecking the box next to the description, or check the box and select the scale at which these can be displayed as well.

Look at the other boxes to see what else can be displayed and at what scales. I don't remember if you can change the display for the types of POIs, so you either display them all, but not part - for example you can't differentiate between restaurants or fuel stations. Most are in the same POI category.

Then you can also click at other tabs at the top (Units, Map Data Folders, Other Options) for other things that can be configured for this program.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Guffeyite » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks. Eliminating all the campground tags uncluttered the screen. Very necessary in a place like Branson, MO.
Guffeyite
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Especially if you plan to stay in a Hotel... LOL
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013