[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Combine POIs?

Combine POIs?

Points of Interest (POI) files uploaded by users. They can be imported in Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator and Precision Mapping Streets v9.

Combine POIs?

Postby Jaredwit » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Is there a way to combine all these different POI files so that they can be loaded all at-one, instead of having to load and manage a dozen or more POI files?
Jaredwit
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Combine POIs?

Postby mrhagen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 am

They are plain text files. You can use any simple text editor program to combine as many of them as you want.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 am

Mrhagen is correct, but the problem you are going to have is that you can only have one little icon for the whole POI file, so if you combine different types of data in a single file, you wouldn't be able to identify those points, but just looking at them on the map. They would all look the same.

The concept of what you are proposing is good, but I don't really find it that hard to load 10-15 POI files, so what? If anything, it cuts down on memory use, since I don't have to load files I don't need.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby mrhagen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 pm

You are right, Xavier, I forgot about the icon. May be we can convince undertow to allow different marks for different points in the same POI file, in a future version.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Travel4Life » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

That would be a great idea. But, I think that might create a problem with importing CSV files created by others, since such CSV files do not have a way to indicate a specific picture to use. Of course, I am not a developer. Undertow may have a way of doing that.
Travel4Life
Active User
Active User

Return to User Created/Uploaded Points of Interest (POI)