[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Hard to find POI files :-(

Hard to find POI files :-(

Points of Interest (POI) files uploaded by users. They can be imported in Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator and Precision Mapping Streets v9.

Hard to find POI files :-(

Postby Macci3 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:07 am

Don't misunderstand me, I am thankful for all the users that are uploading these files and sharing them with all of us. However, the way it is now, I have to wade through tens, even hundreds of messages to find out what POI files have been shared. If this information was somewhere in list form, or in a table, it would make life a lot easier.

Am I the only one having problems with this?
Macci3
Active User
Active User

Re: Hard to find POI files :-(

Postby artmart » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 pm

I just look at the Topic titles in this section to kinda see pages of lists. Unfortunately, you'll find others have created more topics than necessary (like your Hard to find POI files) and this can clutter things...... :D

It's funny that this section was created to have a depository to make it easier to locate all POI files and you wanna make it even easier than looking at the topic list?

Such is progress. I hope you don't misunderstand my response, but I imagine that if the UnderTow moderators wanted to make this easier they can do what they did with the GPS compatibility matrix and create a Sticky Topic with an alphabetic list (and a link) to each POI file(s) but this could take quite a bit of maintenance for someone to stay on top of this.

I can understand your point because when you peruse the pages of topic titles there are duplicates and one won't know which one is more accurate or current or have to look at every topic to pick the one(s) you want.

Good luck with this request, but UnderTow might become a victim of its own feature (using POIs) and how to maintain them (Forum Topics).
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby salmore » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm

I sometimes get frustrated, when looking for a file, but I then get over it and find the files I am looking for without too much trouble.
salmore
Active User
Active User

Postby Eugene » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks for making this area available for us to post these POI files, Undertow! We appreciate it.
Eugene
Active User
Active User

Postby Stan_Finke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I have no problem finding them.
Stan_Finke
Active User
Active User

Postby JonCamp » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 am

I'm also fine with the way they are now. I can find them without a problem. When something is working, and it ain't broken, don't fix it :-)
JonCamp
Active User
Active User

Return to User Created/Uploaded Points of Interest (POI)