[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Freeway exit numbers

Freeway exit numbers

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Freeway exit numbers

Postby waltmccrea » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:42 pm

I recently upgraded from TLDCN 2010 to RV Plan "N" Go 2013. I like the updated format but the freeway exit numbers are missing. They don't show on the map and they are not in the directions when a trip is planned. Is there an update planned to add these back into the program? I think they should be there.
waltmccrea
New User
New User

Re: Freeway exit numbers

Postby xavier » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Good suggestion, but you'd be better off emailing undertow support directly about it. Though they may read these forums, I don't think they participate/post here.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 am

Are you referring to the green Exit Now symbols? If so, then they aren't showing up because TL no longer provides their database information for what is now UnderTow's software. Besides Exit Now POIs, TL is also not allowing any information from their campground database either.

In the new RVPNG2013 software there are many possibly different POIs showing stuff at not only the Exits, but there are now numerous POIs all over the maps. They look like different box symbols. I hope you are set up to see them at the appropriate map scale.

I hope I understand your complaint. If this is what you are talking about, then it's because of the breakup between UnderTow and Trailer Life.

If this is not what you are referring too, please set me straight with what you mean.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby waltmccrea » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:20 am

I'm not referring to "Exit Now" information. I would just like to see the freeway exit numbers (mile markers) on the map and in the trip directions. They should also show the mile marker of each rest area.
waltmccrea
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I haven't checked for exit numbers but I think I remember seeing them on a prior release.

This would be unfortunate if they are no longer provided. I can't imagine this would have gone away from the TL/UnderTow break up. If they aren't there, I'm with you, they should be. Maybe it's time for you to send a note to support@undertowsoftware.com and ask them about it.

Keep us posted.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Went and checked.... Sure enough exit numbers are gone. Here's the example.... the leftmost picture is RTN2012, the rightmost picture is RVPNG2013. Same trip, same route, but different software version and the exit number, in this case "Exit 747" is shown in RTN2012, but not in RVPNG2013.

Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby waltmccrea » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:00 am

I took another look at the rest areas in the new program and they are there. They have a symbol indicating the rest area. If I place my cursor over the symbol it gives me the mile marker of the rest area. I didn't have that in TLDCN 2010 so this is an improvement. I did send tech support information on the exit numbers and they are looking into it.
waltmccrea
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm

With the new version I am finding a few differences over the prior releases. I can see why it would be difficult to document every single change, but as long as there a new or better way to use an old thing, then I'm happy about that.

I can see that TL information has to be removed because there is no longer a business relationship, but in the case of taking something away that is pretty much public information like Exit numbers, then that's different. These should still be there.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)