[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - “Failed – Network Error” Error Message

“Failed – Network Error” Error Message

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

“Failed – Network Error” Error Message

Postby EdWhite » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 pm

I have been using the Trailer Life Navigator software with no major problems. When I first start it, I get a pop-up dialog telling me there is a new (Service Pack) update available. I follow that link to the download page and try to download, it starts, it downloads 1-2 Mb and then I get the message “Failed – Network Error”. I have tried tried this dozens of times and then I get frustrated and give up.

Is the download link bad? Does anyone have any idea of how I can download the service pack?
EdWhite
Casual User
Casual User

Re: “Failed – Network Error” Error Message

Postby paulct » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:01 am

That sounds like an issue with your system set-up, not the program, or the download.

Actually, it may also be that your anti-virus program is not allowing the connection (some of them think they can protect you from everything).

Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus program and see if that makes a difference.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby EdWhite » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 am

That was it. Thanks!

It is however weird - my anti-virus program doesn't stop me from downloading anything else!
EdWhite
Casual User
Casual User

Postby xavier » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 am

Yeah, these anti-virus programs are sometimes way too aggressive. It also may depend on the user settings of the anti-virus program, although most of us just install with the defaults.

At least you got an error message that was somewhat meaningful. When IE9 was first released, it's own security would not allow me to download any .exe file and the only error message I was getting was that the "download failed" - as if I couldn't tell that :-)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)