[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Unhappy, but still hoping

Unhappy, but still hoping

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Unhappy, but still hoping

Postby zigster » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:13 pm

I am disappointed with the lack of detail in the new rv-plan-n-go program, I guess I was spoiled with the data in the navigator all these years. I am not returning the program, because I think that undertow will make good on their word to update it. I just wanted to add my vote to the "unhappy" ones :-(
zigster
New User
New User

Re: Unhappy, but still hoping

Postby xavier » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't know zigster. I'm torn. One minute I want to tell them off and the next minute I try to be understanding (you know... these things happen...) and give them a chance to make good on it, as you say. And, as you can see form the various posts here, a lot of other users are feeling the same way. I'm just itching to see the update they promised us. Then, I'll know how I am supposed to feel ;)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby zigster » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Don't take my hope away!
zigster
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:56 am

zigster... if you didn't not return the software for a refund, did you get a chance to check out the latest update? There are more details, but I expect there will still be more to come.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby zigster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:04 am

Yes, I did, Art. And I found that quite a bit of detail was added for some parks, though there is still lots missing. I am hopeful. I have been happy with undertow in the past, and believe that they will continue to update it. Just hope they hurry up :-)
zigster
New User
New User

Postby texnet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 am

I have been using the Trailer Life version since 2009 and spent the money each year for the new version. Each year some things were improved. When I received the email about the new RV Plan 'N' Go 2013 I did notice the name change but they have done that a couple of times before so I just figured it was a marking ploy... I have had the 2013 version since it came out and VERY DISAPPOINTED in the RV Park information. We have a 42' Monaco and so far I have been unable to plan any trips with the new version due to the lack of information about RV Parks. I have reverted back to the 2012 version and will not send UnderTow any more money for a new version without first seeing a demo that shows me they haven't taken features away from the program!
texnet
New User
New User

Postby CorineR » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 am

textnet, I respect your right to voice your opinion, like the rest of us here (not many of us are vary happy with the current product), but why are you cross-posting the "same" message on multiple threads? That's not really a way to have your opinion heard. If anything is shows lack of knowledge of the basic rules about posting in any forums and if anything, it turns people off from reading your post. I have no control over it, but if I were the moderator, I would definitely delete your messages.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Postby HaroldLin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

texnet wrote:I have reverted back to the 2012 version and will not send UnderTow any more money for a new version without first seeing a demo that shows me they haven't taken features away from the program!

Vote with your pocketbook. If I were you, I'd return the program for a refund (I've read in various forums that stand behind their refund policy - no questions asked), and not buy any other program from them, again. Just buy a similar program from a competitor. Vendors understand such messages well!
HaroldLin
Active User
Active User

Postby HaroldLin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:00 am

CorineR wrote:textnet, I respect your right to voice your opinion, like the rest of us here (not many of us are vary happy with the current product), but why are you cross-posting the "same" message on multiple threads? That's not really a way to have your opinion heard. If anything is shows lack of knowledge of the basic rules about posting in any forums and if anything, it turns people off from reading your post. I have no control over it, but if I were the moderator, I would definitely delete your messages.

CorineR, no need to be this harsh. Some of us are not as experienced in "forums etiquette" as you or others. Heck, there weren't forums when I was young and learning etiquette and things - they barely had computers. :-) I understand that cross-posting is frowned upon, but it's not like texnet is abusing it, or something. He probably didn't know, or he was so upset that he wanted to scream out his discontent. And, I don't think that the moderator will be deleting any messages. That's one of the thing that I like about these forums, the moderator stays out of it regardless of how negative some of the posts are about undertow. To me, that says something (good) about the company and want to keep it this way, so we can freely post out opinions here, bad or good.
HaroldLin
Active User
Active User

Postby CorineR » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 am

Wow, I didn't realize I would hit a nerve! I thought I was voicing my opinion publicly, like everyone else is supposed to do on these forums, but I got PMs of the type "It's none of your business", "Stay out of this", etc. Seriously guys, if you think someone being upset or frustrated gives them the license to post the *same* message on multiple threads, then I don't know what to say. Just imagine if everyone on these forums did the same thing! I'll bow out of this discussion, it's not serving any purpose, I just was very surprised at the very caustic private messages I got from frequent posted on these forums. I apologize if I upset people with my earlier message.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Postby Camper22 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:40 pm

CorineR, don't be too sensitive. Unfortunately, communications over the wires (or wireless, whatever) nowadays, can often be misunderstood, even with the liberal use of emoticons. We've all posted things that were taken the wrong way, and I'l sure it'll happen again. Tis the sign of times ;-)
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby artmart » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:22 pm

First, allow me to apologize to CorineR if I assume she is female because in the neighborhoods I grew up, Corine (or Corrine or Corinne, etc.) was a female's name, and turns out to be male. I hope it's not a last name, doh!

Now, as far as I'm concerned and in many other forums I attend, her message was NOT insensitive nor inappropriate. Everything in her message is mostly correct and she should not be "corrected" because YOU took it the wrong way. I have seen literally the same words used by administrators or moderators who correct Forum users who think they need to post the exact text in as many places as possible to get their message across. Ironically she might be spam-posting (I said mostly correct because I call it spam-posting, not cross-posting) but when advising and correcting, it's best to spam-post for consistency sake and wherever it's needed.

CorineR. Since people like to post what's interesting and not agreeing (which the majority will not do), I will agree wholeheartedly with what you typed and how you said it because it explained everything correctly.

For texnet, use some imagination and if you want to make a better point, go ahead and repeat a post, but at least change it up a little to make it pertinent and interesting for the topic. Otherwise your future posts will not be read any further than your name - assumption, what's the point, it'll be what was written before. Did you ever hear the "Chicken Little" or the "Boy who cried Wolf" stories?

We're fortunate the moderators don't get so involved because this forum (and not a lot of other forums) are self policing and we do like to help others use their products and this forum for the better. Repeated, spam posts will only gain you little respect and deflate your overall message as we start to realize Chicken Little is amongst us.

If you don't know the difference between cross-posting and spam-posting, just ask. I promise I won't be as harsh as CorineR :lol:
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013