[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Updata soon?

Updata soon?

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Updata soon?

Postby TMayers » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:33 pm

So, when is this new update supposed to be coming out? Hope it won't be delayed, just like the program.
TMayers
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Updata soon?

Postby artmart » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 am

Don't expect it too quick. Since there's gonna have to be numerous modifications to the database, you can expect they'll try and get as many changes in there. I'd expect about every 3 months but I'm no expert.

Aside from the database side of things which I rarely use, the rest of it looks pretty good. Been planning some trips and things are working okay. Now to try and use more of the new features since I think the old stuff is working okay.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby TMayers » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:05 am

Three months? I hope not! Don Bryer posted their response here, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=825#p3690 and they apparently they told him. "We may be able to release that to users, by the end of next week". Or did I totally misunderstand it?"

I mean I know they are not going to have all the corrections and additions in their first update, but at least it ll show they are indeed working on it as they promised.

I hope we don't have to wait 3 months for it.
TMayers
Casual User
Casual User

Postby TMayers » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 am

artmart wrote: Now to try and use more of the new features since I think the old stuff is working okay.

Sorry, I meant to ask in me previous message. What are the *new* features in this version? I didn't see a new features description from the company.
TMayers
Casual User
Casual User

Postby IanRoth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:54 am

TMayers wrote:Three months? I hope not! Don Bryer posted their response here, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=825#p3690 and they apparently they told him. "We may be able to release that to users, by the end of next week". Or did I totally misunderstand it?"

TMayers, I was told the same thing by Undertow. The the first update should be released withing the next few days. Let's hope.
IanRoth
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 pm

I have seen a list of new features from UnderTow, but for expediency sake, I wrote this up some weeks ago when I first got an email from UnderTow on what to expect and my interpretation what it meant:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=777

I will look some more and provide a link to the list from UnderTow containing their list of new features. Please stand by.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby artmart » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, that didn't take very long. Here's UnderTow's release note on the new software:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=804

However, reading through the list it's hard to tell what's new and what's not. The release notice from UnderTow reads like an overall Marketing document that describes many of the features that their products have provided since they started doing this software that have been added over the many released versions they've had since then.

The notice DOES NOT particularly specify what features are new to RVPNG2013 over what the last TL sponsored RTN2012 release contained. The topic I provided is more specific to that, the biggest being the disconnect from TL's database which has been causing most of the disappointment to users of this new software. The RV database needs a LOT of work and providing updates will take some time. I hope this doesn't happen weekly since the notice hinted that we get 3 free updates. Does the RV database count toward this? I suspect we're gonna be needing constant updates to the RV database and we're gonna blow through that 3 update count.

If you've got some features you'd like to talk over or something you'd like to see, feel free to post them in this Forum so we can all share ideas. I have found that something I've wanted has always been there and someone will post how to get there.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Marich » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:27 am

Though I am not certain if I am keeping the product or not, yet, their "update" plan doesn't seem like it's gonna blow through the 3 committed updates, at least not the way I read their email response to me that I posted here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=832 (I just didn't want to repost the whole thing again in the same forum). As I read that email, it sounds promising, and if they respond to my question as to what will be the update, I will post that as well.
Marich
New User
New User

Postby TedJen » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:55 pm

TMayers wrote:So, when is this new update supposed to be coming out? Hope it won't be delayed, just like the program.

An email I got from them when I complained, said within 2-3 days, so I'm guessing any day now. Hopefully they'll also give us some idea what's in the update.
TedJen
Active User
Active User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013