[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - How Current is the NOR Precipitation?

How Current is the NOR Precipitation?

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

How Current is the NOR Precipitation?

Postby DisAid » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:01 am

I selected the option to load the NOR precipitation data, nice touch guys, and the data appeared on the map, but how can I tell how current the data is? Does anyone know? Is there a menu or something that tells me that?
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Re: How Current is the NOR Precipitation?

Postby xavier » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 pm

What do you mean "in the current update of pmsat9.0"? Is there some sort of update? How did you get it?
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby DisAid » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 pm

jodax3 wrote:In the current update of pmsat9.0, In the "Map Settings" dialog, go to the "Image Layers" page. The name of the gif image file used for the NOR Precipitation is shown there. You can parse out the timestamp from the name; It has a 4 digit year, 2 digit mon, 2 digit day, and then is followed by a 4 digit time stamp. Conus Updates are every 10 mins... but this file will only update if you go into the import menu and force an update.

Thanks, jodax3. But I can't even see that information where you are suggesting. So how do I "parse" it? Better yet, why should I have to parse it? Anyway, you seem to have stumbled onto something here that may be the solution to the problem. Where did you get this detailed information? Is it in the help file somewhere? I checked for hours, but didn't find anything.
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Postby Charlie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 pm

jodax3, i tried help check for updates, but each time, my program just freezes and i have to terminate with task manager. how do i get the update?
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Postby mrhagen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 am

Charlie, there must be something wrong with your system settings. On both systems I own (one running XP and the other Win7), help check for updates either tells me there is a new version or it tells me there isn't one available. However, your system needs to be connected to the web and you shouldn't have any program blocking outward connections (like some of new protection programs).

Oh yeah, one more thing. Both my systems are using firefox. I installed it after I had all sorts of problems with IE8 and then IE9. What browser are you using?
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Charlie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 am

mrhagen, I have been using IE8 as my default, but I have firefox on my system, as well. Presumably, the program uses some component of the default browser, because I changed the default to firefox (on a hunch) and then, when I started the program the update notice appeared all by itself, I didn't even have to select help check for updates. So, it appears that it may be something in IE8, or some interaction between IE8 and the program. I also tried help check for updates, afterwards and that worked as I expected it as well. ^%#&^#^ Microsoft with its sub-par products :-(
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Postby jodax3 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:32 pm

For SP updates, you can also check this page;

http://www.undertowsoftware.com/support/pmsat90.htm
jodax3
New User
New User

Postby Charlie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:54 am

jodax3 wrote:For SP updates, you can also check this page

What's an SP update?
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Postby Charlie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:58 am

Charlie wrote:jodax3 wrote:
For SP updates, you can also check this page

What's an SP update?

Duh, scratch that. Service Pack updates... O.K., so I feel stupid :-(
Charlie
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9