[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Navigator for the Mac/iphone/ipad ?

Navigator for the Mac/iphone/ipad ?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Navigator for the Mac/iphone/ipad ?

Postby mrhagen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:42 pm

While at the rally, they had a banner which had the TL-2011 Navigator program, the Magellan GPS and an Mac/iphone/ipad application on it. Does anyone know when the Mac application will be available and is the same company, undertow, developing it?
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Navigator for the Mac/iphone/ipad ?

Postby artmart » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:42 am

If this forum for UnderTow Software products doesn't reply you might try asking Trailer Life since they would be the ones contracting the vendor to do that work and UnderTow might not know.

Actually, does UnderTow Software do any software for Apple hardware?
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 pm

artmart wrote:Actually, does UnderTow Software do any software for Apple hardware?

To my knowledge, they don't.

BTW, I think this may me what the OP was talking about

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rv-park- ... 60020?mt=8
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 pm

artmart wrote:Actually, does UnderTow Software do any software for Apple hardware?

Also, here is another app from the "same" developers, NOT undertow. Good thing is they both appear to be free Apps, which is great.
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 am

The link Xavier provided has some information implying this was done by " Waterfield Industries". It sure sounds like this is not UnderTow and therefore this forum might not be able to help.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby mrhagen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 am

xavier wrote:

To my knowledge, they don't.

BTW, I think this may me what the OP was talking about

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rv-park- ... 60020?mt=8

Thanks, Xavier. I believe that's the one I was talking about. It looks a lot like the picture on their banner at the Rally.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby mrhagen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:31 am

artmart wrote:The link Xavier provided has some information implying this was done by " Waterfield Industries". It sure sounds like this is not UnderTow and therefore this forum might not be able to help.

I understand it may have not be done by undertow, but since these are all programs that we, RV-ers, would use, I don;t think it's so "out-of-place" to bring them up here, is it? True, I would not expect support for it on this site, but I was looking for input from other users of TL-2011, that might also be using the iphone app.

Hope I am not offending anyone.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Kevin_T » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 am

mrhagen wrote:
artmart wrote:The link Xavier provided has some information implying this was done by " Waterfield Industries". It sure sounds like this is not UnderTow and therefore this forum might not be able to help.

I understand it may have not be done by undertow, but since these are all programs that we, RV-ers, would use, I don;t think it's so "out-of-place" to bring them up here, is it? True, I would not expect support for it on this site, but I was looking for input from other users of TL-2011, that might also be using the iphone app.

Hope I am not offending anyone.

I don't think you are offending anyone here. It's just that you may never get any answers, because most poeple here are not familiar with the subject :-)
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 am

mrhagen,

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, posting a topic about MACs in a mostly PC Forum, unless it's something on the MAC trying to emulate a PC or TLDCN like environment which has happened before about MACs and Linux.

You might get the same "deer in the headlights look" if you bring up using campstoves, or taking flight lessons in this forum, unless you need TLDCN to do them... :D As you can imagine there's lots of topics or questions not appropriate in this Forum and even though I believe there is no such thing as a "stupid question" you might not get such a smart answer, like "look somewhere else for this answer". But that should be helpful shouldnt it?

I promise you I was not offended mrhagen. In fact, I hope you don't feel offended about our implication you aren't probably gonna get any help or suggestions here on this topic.

Until next time, happy hunting.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby mrhagen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:36 pm

I understand. It's just that the banner had them all together, so I thought these products (since they are all Trailer Life products), might be working with each other, so there might be some cross interest. But, I do understand. I will look elsewhere for the answers.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 pm

You gotta love Marketing types who try to make things seemless and simple and 100% compatible, only to get your hopes up, then you finally figure out what's really going on.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm

I just downloaded their app from the Apple store. It's free, but it's not worth the price ;-) Seriously, it's like all the other novelty items on my ipad2. Techie and good to brag about, but not very useful. It locates the campground and it gives you the information. It will also do a route (using only text) or a google route with a map, but I can't really plan a trip on it, like I can on my TL2011 (even with all its problems).

Oh, yeah, it also looks like they do not have an ipad version, you have to download the iphone version and scale it, which looks very pixelated. I'm deleting it from my ipad2. At only 16 Gb (I'm cheap <smile>), I can't afford to waste any space.
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 pm

This is what the app looks like. Notice how much smaller it is than the ipad screen. And if you enlarge it, it looks horrible.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (27.85 KiB) Viewed 5355 times
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)