[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Error 740

Error 740

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Error 740

Postby MonicaS » Mon May 16, 2011 10:32 am

when i try to install the new pack i receive this " error 740 The requested operation requires elevation."

What should i do?
MonicaS
New User
New User

Re: Error 740

Postby artmart » Mon May 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Since we are not tech support, that's a new one on me. Sounds like something critical is missing, like the original installation didn't go correctly or within the standard and now the update is either corrupted or can't find something.

I think we need to know more about your environment like Windows version, hardware configuration and if or how you deviated from the default installation process, too.

Not knowing anything else the first thing I would try is reinstalling TLDCN 2011 from the CD, then reinstalling the Service Pack from the website. I would also do this without any other TLDCN activities going on at the same time (no open files, no trip planning, etc.)

By the message text, I imagine it means to elevate the issue to UnderTow's tech support department. Send an email to support@undertowsoftware.com and hopefully they send you the information you need on the problem you are having.

If I learn anything else or figure out more on what's going on, I add another post.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Mon May 16, 2011 11:17 pm

MonicaS wrote:when i try to install the new pack i receive this " error 740 The requested operation requires elevation."

What should i do?

Hmm, that's not enough detail, but based on the short error message you posted, it appears to have nothing to do with the new pack, it's a Windows 7 (or Windows Vista) error message.

This link may give you some ideas of what to try...

http://windows-exe-errors.com/windows-e ... elevation/
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby MonicaS » Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you, thank You, thank you Kevin. You solved a multitude of problems. it was one of those security items that drives you nuts. I have Windows 7 and was able to easily access User Accounts on the control panel and drop it to the lowest elevation, switch off and start again. I have had this computer 5 months and avoided changing all that as it is so time consuming to search out what it is then how to change it. this is MY laptop and there are no administrators and DH can use it when he wishes, so all that rigmaroll makes my blood boil . So again thanks. Now, onto the open road.
MonicaS
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Sorry I was off on that one. The elevation being referred to was Windows wanting a higher administration rights - a user with elevated usage rights. Sorry I didn't cover that. I didn't realize it was Windows (not TLDCN) that was displaying the error.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)