[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Search for Landmarks

Search for Landmarks

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Search for Landmarks

Postby Steven64 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:23 pm

In v5 you could search for Landmarks. How do I do that with v8.1?
Steven64
New User
New User

Re: Search for Landmarks

Postby ACrogger » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I don't think you can do that in v8.1., v8.0 or v7.1, It's been like this for a while.
ACrogger
Casual User
Casual User

Postby Steven64 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 am

Why would they take away an option?
Steven64
New User
New User

Postby Kevin_T » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Stevet, I don't know why (companies often remove things that are not being used, based on feedback from users), but Acrogger is right. This was not available in v6.0, either, that was released around 2003, so it's be gone for a while.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Steven64 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks guys guess I'll keep v5 around. I use it for locating cemeteries and Churches for genealogy studys.
Steven64
New User
New User

Postby Kevin_T » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah, that would be your best bet. I keep multiple versions of programs around for similar reasons. I still use an old v4 of PaintShop Pro, because I like the way it did things and all the feature set is in one product, instead of different programs/components for picture editing, creating graphics, etc.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

On the otherhand, since you use this feature, you might request it to be implemented. Sometimes it only takes one person to wish something back especially if it was a bug it was dropped and no one told them they missed it.

Just something to try... good luck to you. If they put it back in maybe they'll call it the Steven64 feature...
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Steven64 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:00 am

How would I do that?
Steven64
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:06 am

Contact the company, Duh :-) This here is a user discussion area. They don't participate (though they may have someone reading the messages, dunno)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:33 pm

What xavier 'meant to say' is send an email to support@undertowsoftware.com with your comments, isn't that right xavier? This is HOW you "Contact the company". The email address is for UnderTow Software technical support for problems like "I want this feature back". This is no guarantee the issue will be fixed, but it's worth a try. You might even learn why they removed it and if you'll need to keep the old version around, which is unfortunate because you then don't the current features and fixes.

You'll need to provide the version you are using and the problem description you provided above. I wish you luck!

Epilogue - this is UnderTow's Forum. I am sure they have delegates (moderators) who monitor the site, but channels must be followed. If you comment in a forum, don't expect tech support. If you send an email to tech support don't expect it to show up in the forums. I hope this helps explain a little bit how things work. This how most company forums versus tech support operate. They might combine the functions in the same website, but the personnel and responsibilities may still differ and we should all remain cognizant of the difference.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Steven64 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:09 pm

thanks Art ...message sent so we'll see. :)
Steven64
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:37 pm

What artmart said.
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Steven64 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 am

Anyone know if this option was added back in v9?
Steven64
New User
New User

Postby DK13 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:37 am

you can search for landmarks in version 9 i thought you couldd in version 8 as well
DK13
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 pm

DK13, look back a few posts and it appears prior to v9 this was removed since v6.

Maybe Big Brother is watching and heard what Steve64 said in this forum and put it back in?
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:20 pm

artmart wrote:Maybe Big Brother is watching and heard what Steve64 said in this forum and put it back in?

If that's what happened, this is one case where I don't mind big brother watching :-)
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9