[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Arrow disappears when using GPS function

Arrow disappears when using GPS function

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Arrow disappears when using GPS function

Postby Bounder Bus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 pm

I started using the TLCD with the 2005 edition. I then purchased the 2007 edition which was made by undertow. With the 2007 version, the arrow indicator would disappear when I used the GPS feature. After awhile, I uninstalled the 2007 and re-installed the 2005 and kept using that version up until a month ago when I purchased the 2011 version. Again, the arrow indicator disappears. I drove to Miami last weekend and as I was travelling in the motorhome, the arrow would just disappear and then I would have to hit "stop tracking" and then hit "start tracking" all over to get it to show up. I would have to do this every 15 or so minutes.

I use a holux gps reciever with bluetooth communication to my laptop.

Also, everytime you want to start tracking, the com port selection has to be made all over again and you have to choose center on location all over again. You did not have to do any of that with the 2005 version.

Undertow should take all of the great features of the 2011 and all of the great features of the 2005 and combine them. In addition, the coloring of the 2005 is MUCH EASIER TO SEE AND READ than the 2011. I would switch back to the 2005 if I could load POI's on the 2005.

Can anyone help with these issues? Thanks.
Bounder Bus
New User
New User

Re: Arrow disappears when using GPS function

Postby artmart » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Do you also use the "Center on Current Position" option? What this does is it keep your position (which would be represented by the arrow) and moves the map around and the arrow follows your position on the map.

I wish this was the default, but when you "Start Tracking" you need to check this. Exiting the program will turn that option back off, then I just click the box back on each time I start tracking.

If this isn't what you mean, then would you please add more information on the procedure you are using?
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)