[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Install on a PDA

Install on a PDA

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Install on a PDA

Postby dntmac » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Can the 2009 software be installed on a Palm TX PDA?
dntmac
New User
New User

Re: Install on a PDA

Postby xavier » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:55 pm

dntmac wrote:Can the 2009 software be installed on a Palm TX PDA?

I don't see why not, as long as the Palm TX PDA is running Windows XP or later with a processor that's faster than one GHz and a minimum screen resolution of 800x600.

Does the Palm TX PDA meet those minimum requirements?
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Chris T. » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am

xavier wrote:

I don't see why not, as long as the Palm TX PDA is running Windows XP or later with a processor that's faster than one GHz and a minimum screen resolution of 800x600.

Ha, ha, ha,... good one xavier :-)
All limitations are self imposed
Chris T.
Active User
Active User

Postby JonCamp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:29 pm

xavier wrote:

There was no need for sarcasm, a simple NO answer would have sufficed :| Not everyone is a computer expert.
JonCamp
Active User
Active User

Postby dntmac » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't think the Palm runs windows. I think it has it's own OS. I'm not sure about any of this.
dntmac
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 am

dntmac wrote:I don't think the Palm runs windows. I think it has it's own OS. I'm not sure about any of this.

The program is a Windows application. It will ONLY run on systems that are using the Windows operating system.
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby dntmac » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Why can't I load my TL2009 on it? It would be so much easier to use my PDA instead of my laptop or the book to locate RV Parks while on the road.
dntmac
New User
New User

Postby dntmac » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 pm

I should have thought a minute before I replied. I can't load it because my PDA is not a windows system. Is there anything out there besides a laptop that is a windows system? Something like an IPad? Something that is small and easy to store in the front seat of my truck.
dntmac
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:22 pm

dntmac wrote:I should have thought a minute before I replied. I can't load it because my PDA is not a windows system. Is there anything out there besides a laptop that is a windows system? Something like an IPad? Something that is small and easy to store in the front seat of my truck.

There are a number of handheld devices/phones running windows, but I am not sure if TL will run on those version of Windows Mobile OS. There are also tablet PC devices running Windows, but now you can also run Windows (and therefore Windows applications) on an iPad, as well. See link below:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... u_can.html
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby dntmac » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks for the help
dntmac
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:25 pm

How about a "Netbook"? This was a derivative Windows OS but without a lot of the extra hardware you don't need for a remote internet PC. These are pretty much miniaturized laptops and might fit the bill in size. You'd have to check with a vendor but you'll probably need to buy a removable drive to plug into the netbook then install TLDCN but then after it's installed the Netbook should do the trick.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)