[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - TLC2010

TLC2010

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

TLC2010

Postby rssteele42 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:14 am

Can anyone tell me the differences between TLC 2009 and 2010. Is it worth buying the new version?
rssteele42
New User
New User

Re: TLC2010

Postby RWinlow » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:16 am

rssteele42 wrote:Can anyone tell me the differences between TLC 2009 and 2010. Is it worth buying the new version?

Well, every year they tout the new map data, and there are some minor improvements in my area, but streets don't change that much. I like the new Exit Now data, which I thought was sorely missed in previous versions, although I wish they had more points. I also like the new user profiles and it seems that their routing is improved. I rarely get "can't route" with the 2010 version and the directions seem more reasonable. Oh, yeah, and it looks like their no tunnel and no parkway travel options are finally working. I think it's worth it. And if they could get bridge height restrictions in there, I'd pay twice as much for it :-)
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby rssteele42 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks for the info. Any other opinions out there?
rssteele42
New User
New User

Postby mrhagen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:56 pm

I update to every version because I want to have the latest. Sure, there have been some enhancements, but if you are happy with the previous version and there is no feature that you find yourself looking for, then you can stay with the older version. My brother in law is using the 2006 version and as far as he is concerned, geography doesn't change from year-to-year so he is not planning on updating any time soon. It's a personal choice thing.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

I usually leapfrog my version updates especially when they come out so often and they cost money. I look into an update about every three years and even then may not update if their aren't significant reasons to do so. If the updates are free or I have a paid subscription, I'll update every time. If I have a paid subscription and never get an update, I won't do that with them again.

I currently have the 2008 version, and have skipped the 2009 and 2010 versions since it's been less than 2 years. When I got my offer in the mail for 2008, I waited a couple of weeks to order an evaluation copy, then ordered a 30 day evaluation, then paid for it 30 days later, I then received the notice for a 2009 version about one month later! Boy, was I annoyed that I just got this thing and then there was a new version and not being offered free.

I also have MS Streets and have not updated it because they still have not corrected the streets and the POIs around where I live. Why should I use or update software that doesn't even have my own neighborhood displayed correctly. I have reported these problems to MS, but the updates haven't shown the corrections. One of these days they will correct it, THEN I'll update. TLDCN shows these corrections so I'll need another good reason to update this software.

Just my two cents. Your opinion may vary.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)