[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - php impementation with mappro?

php impementation with mappro?

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

php impementation with mappro?

Postby mAlagi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Does anyone have a simple example of implementing the mappro ocx in a php-driven environment to serve map images through a web client? It sounds simple, in concept, but I am having a hard time even figuring out where to start :-(
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
mAlagi
Active User
Active User

Re: php impementation with mappro?

Postby UShadow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I thought there was something included in the distribution DVD. I might be remembering wrong.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby mAlagi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:00 pm

I haven't seen any such thing. Do you have a copy of it?
mAlagi
Active User
Active User

Postby mAlagi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:55 am

UShadow wrote:I thought there was something included in the distribution DVD. I might be remembering wrong.

Where you able to take a look and see if you have this? It would be really great if I could find a copy to get me started.
mAlagi
Active User
Active User

Postby UShadow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Sorry, I looked back and realized I had made a mistake. I was thinking of some ASP code that was included on the MapPro71 SDK disk for setting up a server. Not pHp and not MapPro80 :-(
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby jodax3 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Php allows you to do almost anything you can do in vb,c++,c# or Delphi.

For example to create the mappro80 object in php;

<?php
$MyMap = new COM("MapPro80.MapPro") or die("Failed");
// Set Size of the Control 2 pixels bigger than required. Visual control reserves 1 pixel border
$MyMap->SetMapSize(402,302);
$MyMap->InitNonVis;
//... you need to set your devcode, devpass, datasource, paths, etc
//... set the mapviewport and scale you want
//.. then get the image back to the user... one way is to save to a GIF
$MyMap->SavetoGif("C://Program Files/ApacheSF/Apache2.2/htdocs/Maps/Map.gif");
?>

Hope this helps.
jodax3
New User
New User

Postby UShadow » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:33 am

jodax3 wrote:Php allows you to do almost anything you can do in vb,c++,c# or Delphi.

You are right. The problem usually ends up being one of getting permissions right and keeping track of the various pieces you need to create the page that the user sees at the other end. Of course, that doesn't have to be pHp, most of it can be straight html.

I just wish that undertow had something similar to the Google API, where they maintain/update all the data and the user/developer simply accesses that data. That would eliminate a lot of issues with each developer housing their own data date, having to update it every so often, etc. It would make life so much easier!
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX