[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - More than one maps

More than one maps

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

More than one maps

Postby BobPark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 pm

In MapPro71, I had a project that needed 3 different close-up views of an area, at different magnifications. Because mappro71 didn't support multiple instances, I ended up having to use the function DirectView. I am trying to use the same function in MapPro80, but it doesn't appear to be working the same way. Is anyone else having the same problem?
BobPark
New User
New User

Re: More than one maps

Postby MarkY » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm

DirectView worked the same way, last time I tried it in MapPro80, but why use that? The new OCX allows you to have more than one map with just placing another instance on your project. You don;t have to fudge with DirectView any longer!
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Postby BobPark » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Because every time I try to do that, I run into all sorts of problems. Since I know that multiple copies of the control in MapPro71 were not allowed, I figured that was still true. And, since directview used to work fine for me, I opted for that, but that doesn't seem to work the same way either, so I am stuck :-(

Any ideas or words of wisdom?
BobPark
New User
New User

Postby UShadow » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Bobpark, if you expect anyone here to try and help, you have to give us some more details :-)

BobPark wrote:And, since directview used to work fine for me, I opted for that, but that doesn't seem to work the same way either, so I am stuck

doesn't mean that much, since you are not telling us exactly *what* problems you are having. Any error messages? Do you not get the view you expect? Something else?
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby BobPark » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 am

Sorry Ushadow. You are right, there wasn't enough detail there, but I just get so frustrated because I keep running into the wall with this :-(

Basically, I have two forms in my application. One is my main map and the other is a smaller map that is zoomed in 4 times more. If I put an instance of the control on my main form and one on my secondary form, when I try to run my project, I get an access violation. If I use the DirectView on my secondary form, like I used to do with mappro71, then when I run the program my secondary form is blank. No error messages, or anything, just blank.

I checked and double-checked all the parameters I pass and everything, but I can't spot the problem. If it makes a difference, I am using VD-2010, Vb.Net which I was also using when developing with mappro71.

If you need any more details, code, etc. let me know.
BobPark
New User
New User

Return to MapPro OCX