[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Export to DXF

Export to DXF

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Export to DXF

Postby Garytf » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Years ago, I recall being able to export map data to vector (DXF) format. I know there is no such option any longer, but does anyone know if there is a third party software program that will allow you to do that?

TIA
Garytf
Active User
Active User

Re: Export to DXF

Postby mrhagen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 am

I remember this feature in the very early versions of the program. Never really worked all that well and may be that's why they took it out. However, all you have to do is print to a PDF and then manipulate the vectors in a PDF editor program. You do not need DXF.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Garytf » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 am

That may be true, but I still liked the DXF format because it allowed me to bring that data into my AutoCAD program and combine it with other CAD drawings. And, I haven't found anything that would allow me to do that, from Precision Map maps.
Garytf
Active User
Active User

Postby mrhagen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Get over it, DXF is an *almost* extinct format. Seriously, try outputting to a PDF and then editing the PDF!
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9