[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Slow images

Slow images

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Slow images

Postby DisAid » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 am

I have been able to finally load some map images (JPG files), I was able to use the calibrate to make it match the other data pretty good, but it seems to be a bit slow when zooming in to areas covered by the image. Is there a way to speed that up?
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Re: Slow images

Postby RWinlow » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 am

DisAid wrote:I have been able to finally load some map images (JPG files), I was able to use the calibrate to make it match the other data pretty good, but it seems to be a bit slow when zooming in to areas covered by the image. Is there a way to speed that up?

I believe that JPG files are much slower to load, if they are covering a large area. I'm pretty sure I've read that if you want to use a graphic map covering a large area, the BMP is the best format because it doesn't load the whole file (well, I am not sure if those were the exact words I saw, or if I explained it correctly, but something like that).
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Slow images

Postby CorineR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Very helpful, I just saw this and it explains why some of my images load very slow.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9