[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - mscomm32.ocx

mscomm32.ocx

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

mscomm32.ocx

Postby RWinlow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 am

I re-installed my Precision Mapping on a new system, but when I try to run it, I get an error that mscom32.ocx version may be too old, or something. How can that be? This is a newer system so it's bound to have newer files on it. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't had any problems on the other system running Windows 64. Does anyone have any ideas?
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: mscomm32.ocx

Postby Kevin_T » Mon May 17, 2010 11:22 pm

RWinlow wrote:I re-installed my Precision Mapping on a new system, but when I try to run it, I get an error that mscom32.ocx version may be too old, or something. How can that be? This is a newer system so it's bound to have newer files on it. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't had any problems on the other system running Windows 64. Does anyone have any ideas?

I had similar problems. I thought it might have been because I also use the TL2010 program from Undertow, so I contacted them and here is the response I got.

First, run the program as the administrator and see if that makes a difference. If not, then navigate to the folder where you installed the program (by default this should be c:\Program Files\Presision Mapping Streets and Traveler 8.0) and look for the file mscomm32.ocx. If it is there, then execute the windows utility program REGSVR32.EXE to register mscomm21.OCX. You can search Windows help for info on how to run the REGSVR32.EXE utility.

Their second suggestion fixed my problem. You may want to try that, as well.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9