[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Help, natural landmarks are missing

Help, natural landmarks are missing

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Help, natural landmarks are missing

Postby jimmyr » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:25 am

I can see a lot of the commercial interest points, but I am missing lots of cemeteries, hills, brooks, etc. that used to be clearly marked in earlier versions. It's probably some options that I have turned off, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out which option, or how to turn it back on :-(

Anyone here have any ideas?
jimmyr
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Help, natural landmarks are missing

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 am

Jimmyr, you are probably referring to the old Landmarks they used to have in earlier version of the program. You can see those if you select GNIS in the Settings dialog for POIs and Landmarks. I am using the latest program update from their site and I can see them.

Is that what you were referring to?
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby DisAid » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:37 am

Kevin, no info about that in the help file :-( I went through all the pages.
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Postby xavier » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Leave it to undertow :-(

You know, when this company is hot they can produce some descent stuff, but when they get sloppy, boy do they get sloppy :-( I mean, I like their products in general, but it appears that their development group needs to start talking to their support and marketing group. Now, why would they not include any information about the different Landmarks in their help file?
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Kevin_T » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:58 am

Xavier, I don't know why you alway seem to jump in and offer a derogatory comment, but you really surprise me sometimes. I don't have any particular love for undertow, but I do think their products are pretty good and they are responsive to their customers. I am happy with that from a company, any company. So instead of snide remarks, why don't you just email them or call them about what you are unhappy with and ask them to fix it? That would probably get you bettr results :-)
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 am

Kevin, I don't have anything against undertow. Most of the time, my reaction is because of the shoddy work and the sloppiness I see in software products I purchase, in general, I know I've argued in the past about this, with you and others on this board, and I know many of you seem to think, well, undertow is better than others, but that's not really an excuse, is it? When I think undertow has done a good job, I praise them. When I think they haven't, I say so, as well. Simple!
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9