[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Useful, free User POI datasets available

Useful, free User POI datasets available

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Useful, free User POI datasets available

Postby xavier » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 am

I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere here, but I wasn't sure, so here it goes. There are many useful User POI files in a different forum on this board.

viewforum.php?f=14

You can download them and use them with the new version 9 of precision maps. And if you have any other interesting POI files, don't forget to share them with the rest of us :D
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Useful, free User POI datasets available

Postby jimmyr » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am

I downloaded the redbox ones last night. Pretty good. Do you know how often undertow updates these POI files? Because I know that redbox locations change all the time, so teh POI data files would need to get updated.
jimmyr
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Useful, free User POI datasets available

Postby xavier » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 pm

I don't think that these files are maintained by Undertow. They are uploaded by users, like you and me, so I don't know how would one monitor their quality, update them, etc. All I can tell you is that he ones that I have tried, from these uploads, seemed to be pretty good!
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9