[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - New Version 9 problem

New Version 9 problem

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

New Version 9 problem

Postby brbmapper » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:31 pm

I installed the new Version 9 of Precision Mapping unto my desktop running Windows 7 64-bit. Should it work okay on W& 64-bit? I keep getting freeze ups of the map itself. The program still functions but the map itself is frozen. i.e., it won't redraw, won't zoom in or out nor will it pan using the mouse. If I use the zoom menu and the zoom all, etc. I can see that it does change because if I have a trip planned the icons will show up, but the map itself doesn't change. It's pretty much just stuck.

I have sent an email to undertow support but haven't heard back yet. Thought maybe someone else is having this problem and can shed some light.
brbmapper
New User
New User

Re: New Version 9 problem

Postby xavier » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:35 pm

I think it should work just fine on Win-64. What you are describing sounds like a video-refresh issue, but Undertow would be the only ones able to answer that definitely. Let us know when they respond to you.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby JohnGr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:31 am

brbmapper wrote:I installed the new Version 9 of Precision Mapping unto my desktop running Windows 7 64-bit. Should it work okay on W& 64-bit? I keep getting freeze ups of the map itself. The program still functions but the map itself is frozen. i.e., it won't redraw, won't zoom in or out nor will it pan using the mouse. If I use the zoom menu and the zoom all, etc. I can see that it does change because if I have a trip planned the icons will show up, but the map itself doesn't change. It's pretty much just stuck.

I have sent an email to undertow support but haven't heard back yet. Thought maybe someone else is having this problem and can shed some light.

brbmapper, I saw similar behavior, when I first installed the program. I have no idea what was causing it, but I tried the old remedy (three finger salute) and after my system rebooted, I haven't seen the problem. Magic? I don't know, but I'll keep an eye out to see if it surfaces again. I'm sure you also tried the same remedy, but it probably didn't work for you.
JohnGr
Active User
Active User

Postby xavier » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Brbmapper, did you get the new version? Did the problems go away. We'd be interested to know here (well, *I* d be interested to know <g>)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9