[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - How do I use User POI files

How do I use User POI files

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

How do I use User POI files

Postby DisAid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:23 pm

I see that the new Precision Mapping Version allows the user to import their own POI files in CSV format. It would have been nice if they had shipped a sample POI file, so we'd know how it works.

And in any case, where does one get such files? Any ideas? Do I have to create them myself?
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Re: How do I use User POI files

Postby Kevin_T » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 pm

There are lots of interesting user POI files uploaded in the Trailer Life product area on this message board,

viewforum.php?f=14

I have tried a bunch of them and they appear to work fine with version 9 of the program.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby DisAid » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 am

I downloaded a couple of those files, unzipped them and loaded them, but I must be doing something wrong, because I don't see any pois on the map. What am I doing wrong?
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Postby jodax3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 pm

In the Import POI dialog there is a checkbox called "Show Selected POI's on Map". If not checked, then none of the poi's will be visible. It allows you to turn off/on the entire POI layer.
jodax3
New User
New User

Postby DisAid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm

jodax3 wrote:In the Import POI dialog there is a checkbox called "Show Selected POI's on Map". If not checked, then none of the poi's will be visible. It allows you to turn off/on the entire POI layer.

Yes, I understand that, jodax3. The box is checked, but I can't see any pois no matter what scale I go to. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what :-(
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Postby ACrogger » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 pm

DisAid wrote:
jodax3 wrote:In the Import POI dialog there is a checkbox called "Show Selected POI's on Map". If not checked, then none of the poi's will be visible. It allows you to turn off/on the entire POI layer.

Yes, I understand that, jodax3. The box is checked, but I can't see any pois no matter what scale I go to. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what :-(

I have downloaded a bunch of POIs from this site and some from other web sites and I have had no problems making them show up on the map.
ACrogger
Casual User
Casual User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9