[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Precision Map Update and Trailer Life

Precision Map Update and Trailer Life

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Precision Map Update and Trailer Life

Postby CorineR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 pm

How does the new Precision Maps compare with the Trailer Life product?
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Re: Precision Map Update and Trailer Life

Postby Macci3 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:04 am

I don't know about the new version, I am only familiar with v6 or precision maps, but I have used the Trailer Life program for a number of years. Others with more experience may chime in, but I think the Trailer Life was a much easier to use program with good trip planning abilities. On the other hand, the precision maps program has a lot more techie features, if you need them.

I guess what I am saying is that even though the two programs are from the same company and based probably on the same technology, they are very different in complexity and features.
Macci3
Active User
Active User

Postby CorineR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:01 pm

I had an older copy of Trailer Life, that someone gave me, but someone on this board told me it was illegal to do that, so I am trying to decide if I want to buy the new Trailer Life or the New Precision Mapping.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Postby mrhagen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Coriner, for one thing, if you are interested in the RV Campgrounds, then Trailer Life is the product for you. I don't think the Precisioon Map system has the campground information in it.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:25 pm

I can only comment on the TLDCN software, but this software was written by UnderTow Software for the Trailer Life company which is an RV-centric company that provides books, maps and guides for RVers. While TLDCN requires that Trailer Life will make the final decisions on what problems and features are added, UnderTow is the company that will make them.

From what little I can gather, Precision Mapping is NOT RV-centric so if you don't need RV specific information then this should be suitable. There may be other feature differences, but I wouldn't know unless I had legal copies of both and checked them out, too.

I use TLDCN because of the RV-centric features. I have used other mapping/guidance planners and GPS systems in my vehicles in combination with TLDCN. Until I find a "tool" with all combinations of mapping, guidance possibilities then I'll have different software tools in my system. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9