[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Precision Mapping and Win 7 64-bit

Precision Mapping and Win 7 64-bit

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Precision Mapping and Win 7 64-bit

Postby RWinlow » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 am

Nice to see you guys move into the 20th Century :-)

I am wondering if anyone has been able to get this program running under Win7/64. I can install it without any problems, but when I try to run it, I get a message that DISPLAY.OCX, or some such thing, is not registered correctly. I wish I knew what that meant.

Has anyone been able to run the program under a 64-bit OS? Are there any tricks to it?

Ron
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Precision Mapping and Win 7 64-bit

Postby ACrogger » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

RWinlow wrote:Nice to see you guys move into the 20th Century :-)

I am wondering if anyone has been able to get this program running under Win7/64. I can install it without any problems, but when I try to run it, I get a message that DISPLAY.OCX, or some such thing, is not registered correctly. I wish I knew what that meant.

Has anyone been able to run the program under a 64-bit OS? Are there any tricks to it?

Ron

I am using Vista Premium home 64-bit. I installed it up and kept getting an error dialogue with the message “Component ‘displays.ocx’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.”, every time I tried to run it Based on undertow's advice, I right-clicked on the program shortcut and selected "run as administrator". Once I did that, the program is running like a charm.

Alex
ACrogger
Casual User
Casual User

Postby jd3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Ron,

I don't know about Win7 64bit, but I got the same sort of message under Vista. The problem was the displays.ocx (and other activex controls) weren't being found because of how Pmap was installed. Right clicking on the startup icon, and selecting "run as administrator", cleared up the problem. You might try that... Also try running the installation program with administrator permissions might do the trick.

JD3
jd3
New User
New User

Postby RWinlow » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 pm

jd3 wrote:I don't know about Win7 64bit, but I got the same sort of message under Vista. The problem was the displays.ocx (and other activex controls) weren't being found because of how Pmap was installed. Right clicking on the startup icon, and selecting "run as administrator", cleared up the problem. You might try that... Also try running the installation program with administrator permissions might do the trick.

Thanks to everyone, running it as suggested solved the problem. But, jd3, doesn't the installation process already run with administrator authentication? Otherwise, how it it even capable to install the program in the Program Files directory. Are you sure that their install program it's not already running "as administrator"?

Ron
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9