[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - New version being redied!!

New version being redied!!

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

New version being redied!!

Postby RWinlow » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Great News! I just heard back from tech support at Undertow. The are working on a new version of Precision Mapping. They'll let me know more details soon!!
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: New version being redied!!

Postby JohnGr » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 pm

RWinlow wrote:Great News! I just heard back from tech support at Undertow. The are working on a new version of Precision Mapping. They'll let me know more details soon!!

That's great news. Do you know if they are also going to update the MapServer component that's used for UiView?
JohnGr
Active User
Active User

Postby RWinlow » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 pm

JohnGr wrote:
RWinlow wrote:Great News! I just heard back from tech support at Undertow. The are working on a new version of Precision Mapping. They'll let me know more details soon!!

That's great news. Do you know if they are also going to update the MapServer component that's used for UiView?

No idea JohnGr. I'm sure if you fire off an email with any questions you might have, they'd be able to answer them for you.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby RWinlow » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Well, I just received this as a private message, but I'm sure the moderator wouldn't mind if I reposted it here for all to see. It looks like a new version of precision mapping is near!!!!

Moderator wrote:New Precision Mapping v9.0 Beta!
Sent at: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:00 pm
To: RWinlow JohnGr kimtoll

We were asked by Undertow's beta testing group, to find out if any UiView users here would be interested in beta testing the new version of Precision Mapping (Ver 9.0) which is being readied for release. If you have any interest in beta testing the new version, please contact undertow directly at: support@undertowsoftware.com of drop us a note here and we'll forward your information to them.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Moderator » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:36 pm

RWinlow wrote:Well, I just received this as a private message, but I'm sure the moderator wouldn't mind if I reposted it here for all to see. It looks like a new version of precision mapping is near!!!!

Moderator wrote:New Precision Mapping v9.0 Beta!
Sent at: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:00 pm
To: RWinlow JohnGr kimtoll

We were asked by Undertow's beta testing group, to find out if any UiView users here would be interested in beta testing the new version of Precision Mapping (Ver 9.0) which is being readied for release. If you have any interest in beta testing the new version, please contact undertow directly at: support@undertowsoftware.com of drop us a note here and we'll forward your information to them.

Don't you think if the moderator wanted to post this publicly, he could have done so? :-) No harm done, but as a rule, is someone sends you a private message, it's just that - private.
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:18 am

Unfortunately Moderator... since many private messages are asked on behalf of a possible number of people sometimes it's hard for the not-so-familar to tell when it really is private especially if it pertains to some good news.

I find that if I also add something like "This private message is not intended to REMAIN PRIVATE - Do not distribute!", this would reinforce or remind the recipient not to get too excited about passing it along. In these days of social media, there have been so many leaks from the inexperienced. For this reason I try and stay off them since most aren't used to keeping secrets so well. I'll stick to PMs and emphasize to keep them private when needed.

But overall you're right. If not sure one should always ask before forwarding for something that is called a private message or don't forward it by default.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Moderator » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

You are right, of course, If there is content that *absolutely* needs to remain private a disclaimer such as yours, or even lengthier, is a must. In this case, the big secret was not of such essence, that's why the commend was "no harm done" accompanied by a smiley :-)

It's all good. This user community is better "well behaved" than most - no complaints!
Active User
Active User

Postby RWinlow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Helloooooo!!! Any more news on the new precision mapping?
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 am

You have to visit their site once in a while :-)

I just saw that they have already announced the release. It will ship on Nov 30 and they are taking orders for it already. I'll email them and see if I can get a quick description of what's different, what are the new features, etc. and post it here.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby RWinlow » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:54 pm

O.K. I hope you hear back from them. One would think that they would want to publicize their new product and the new features to attract sales.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9