[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - using scanned maps of asia

using scanned maps of asia

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

using scanned maps of asia

Postby lakayko@gmail.com » Tue May 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I tried to use scanned maps for the Philippines in an earlier version of Pmap that was supposed to be able to accept maps of locations in the 120 DEG east lattitude but Pmap always tried to place them at 120 west. Is this still a problem?
Phil
lakayko@gmail.com
New User
New User

Re: using scanned maps of asia

Postby RWinlow » Tue May 17, 2011 10:23 pm

"Earlier version of pmap" is not very descriptive, so I don't know what version you were using. But, I have used v8.1 with scanned maps of parts of the Eastern hemisphere and as long as the coordinates in the SAT file were correct, they were placed in the right spot.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: using scanned maps of asia

Postby CraigWY » Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah, I have used, too with all sorts of scanned maps of Australia, Indonesia, etc., but there was a high level of frustration involved because things wouldn't line up. It turned out that there are many different map projections and if the scanned images are not the same projection as the Precision Mapping, you are very restricted to small areas of coverage or you are near the equator. If you move away or your maps cover large areas, the maps will never line up unless they are all Lon/Lat projection (I think that's what they call the Precision Mapping projection).

And of course, the other thing, like RWinlow said, is to get the SAT file right. Incorrect coordinates in that file will definitely throw the map off.
CraigWY
Casual User
Casual User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9