[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - GPS Issue

GPS Issue

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

GPS Issue

Postby DisAid » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 am

I'm still trying to get UiView working, but now I have a new issue. The program gives me 3 choices of GPS devices, Eagle, Garmin and Magellan. Well, first off, why am I restricted to these three makes? That doesn't male much sense. Be that as it may, I have an OLD Magellan device and when I connect it and try to select it in the program, I get a message that I need to turn NMEA off. Well, this old device does NOT provide a way to turn NMEA off, so what am I supposed to do? There is some information about the GPS in teh help file, but nowhere near enough for me to understand what I need to do in order to make my GPS device to communicate with the program.

Any ideas?
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Re: GPS Issue

Postby JohnGr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:37 am

That's for transferring data to the device, that's why there is a unique selection for each device! In terms of tracking, all you need to have is a NMEA device that sends the location data to a com port (virtual or physical) and just tell the program what port and what baud rate the device is using. It doesn't care who the maker of the device is :-)
JohnGr
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9