[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - UIVIEW INFO

UIVIEW INFO

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

UIVIEW INFO

Postby DisAid » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

How can I get some info on how to set up Precision Mapping and UiView? I've spent at least 6 hours this weekend and have not been able to do it :-(
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Re: UIVIEW INFO

Postby Kevin_T » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:15 am

DisAid wrote:How can I get some info on how to set up Precision Mapping and UiView? I've spent at least 6 hours this weekend and have not been able to do it :-(

I've seen a couple of post about UiView here, but unfortunately, I don't think you'll find the information you are looking for. Based on Undertow's EAQ, they don't have much to do with UiView, but their FAQ has a few links to sites specific about UiView. You may want to take a look there.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby DisAid » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am

Well, I've seen the links and indeed there is a lot of information on line about UiView, but after spending many hours searching, one always ends up at the same point :-( In order for precision mapping to work with uiview it needs pmapserver. But, pmapserver doesn't appear to be supported any longer, or at least there is very little information about how to install it, how it works with precision mapping, etc. Calling undertow you get the answer, sorry we didn't develop pmapserver, so we don't know how it works, or exactly what it does, so one is left stranded.

I am not sure if pmapserver is a product of undertow and they just don't want to own up to it, or what. Whatever it is, the end result is the same. The user is left to try and figure it out on his own, which is not very easy because there isn't any descent documentation, either.
DisAid
Active User
Active User

Postby Ken Goddard » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi DisAid
:)

I have found this site very useful over the years.
http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm

Good luck

Ken Goddard W5CGP
Ken Goddard
New User
New User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9