[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Simplifying track displays..no bend or turn markers

Simplifying track displays..no bend or turn markers

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Simplifying track displays..no bend or turn markers

Postby kennywtn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 am

Now here is my most recent question. When displaying my track files, the program displays little information blocks along the track indicating "turns", "bends". How or can these displays be turned off. My problem is when I do an overview of my track the turn and bend messages are a nuisance.

Tnx for any help

By the way...this program is really great! I use it with APRS and am having a ball!
Kennyw
kennywtn
New User
New User

Re: Simplifying track displays..no bend or turn markers

Postby Kevin_T » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

I haven't found a way to do that, and I have looked for a while :-)

It looks like the undertow folk, in their infinite wisdom, wanted to show us on the map that at some points the track was no longer straight, as if we couldn't see it <ha, ha, ha,...>

However, if you want to make absolutely sure that there isn't some way of doing that, the best thing would be to ask the company directly.

Undertow, if you are listening, put this on the list of features for the next version. Allow us to control what gets labeled on the tracks.

BTW, is there a forthcoming next version? We haven't seen anything about it for quite a while.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Simplifying track displays..no bend or turn markers

Postby CraigWY » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 am

I have to agree. Have been using the product since ver 5 and I haven't found a way to turn off those markers :-(
CraigWY
Casual User
Casual User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9