[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - PM81 and UiView - Register twice, Why?

PM81 and UiView - Register twice, Why?

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

PM81 and UiView - Register twice, Why?

Postby ACrogger » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Installed PM81 on a new system with UiView. I run it and got the prompt to register. I went to register on the internet, filled in all the information, got a serial # entered it into the program and the program accepted it and run like a charm.

Then, I run UiView and when the mapping program came up, I was asked to register again. Since I had already done so and I had all the information, I entered the serial code I was given earlier, but was told that the code is invalid.

Why is it invalid, if it already worked the first time, and why am I even asked to register it twice?

Very frustrating :-(
ACrogger
Casual User
Casual User

Re: PM81 and UiView - Register twice, Why?

Postby artmart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm

This sounds familiar. I am too old to remember the specifics but I recall it had something to do with permissions when installing the software and not using the default administrator account with the appropriate permissions. This is not the only product this has occurred with, but since the installation processes are pretty much the same for all applications, it's probably the same fix.

Maybe searching this forum you'll find the solution, check the tech support site, or hopefully someone will post the resolution and save you from the hunt.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9