[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - new underlay

new underlay

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

new underlay

Postby kennywtn » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the pushpin transfer...now I have a new question. I am trying to create a underlay and have had no success. I have a .bmp file created and the associated .set (I think that was the file extension) but I cannot get the underlay to open. Anyone had any experience?

kw
kennywtn
New User
New User

Re: new underlay

Postby JohnGr » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 am

kennywtn wrote:Thanks to everyone who helped me with the pushpin transfer...now I have a new question. I am trying to create a underlay and have had no success. I have a .bmp file created and the associated .set (I think that was the file extension) but I cannot get the underlay to open. Anyone had any experience?

kw

I think the coordinates file extension is .SAT (not SET). Also, the file format has to be very specific. Can you post the contents of the .SAT file here, so we can take a look?
JohnGr
Active User
Active User

Postby kimtoll » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Is there a document somewhere with step-by-step directions on how to prepare an underlay file with the SAT file, etc. I always wanted to do that, but gave up each time, because I didn't even know where to start :-(
kimtoll
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 am

kimtoll wrote:Is there a document somewhere with step-by-step directions on how to prepare an underlay file with the SAT file, etc. I always wanted to do that, but gave up each time, because I didn't even know where to start :-(

What directions? You have a rectangular bitmap (aerial photo, satellite picture, etc.). You need to make sure that the image is in Lon/Lat projection (for small coverage areas it's not all that important). Find the exact coordinates of the top left corner and the bottom right corner, create a .SAT file with them and just load it! This is one case where it is really as simple as it sounds.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby kennywtn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks again for the help with the underlay file. My problem was I was not saving the data file correctly for the bmp. Once I got that solved, it worked just fine. kennywtn
kennywtn
New User
New User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9