[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Cant's install 8.1 upgrade

Cant's install 8.1 upgrade

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Cant's install 8.1 upgrade

Postby JohnGr » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:14 pm

I try to install the update, but it tells me that it cannot find v8.0 so it will not install. I run v8.0 all the time, what's the problem?
JohnGr
Active User
Active User

Re: Cant's install 8.1 upgrade

Postby RWinlow » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 pm

JohnGr wrote:I try to install the update, but it tells me that it cannot find v8.0 so it will not install. I run v8.0 all the time, what's the problem?

I had the same problem and this is what I got from undertow. It worked and solved my problem.

1. Check in the folder where the program was installed and make sure there is a file mappro71.ocx in it (if the defaults were used when installing v8.0, this folder would be C:\Program Files\Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler 8.0)

2. Run the command processor (Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press “R”)

3. In the Window that opens up, in the “Open” field type the following (including the double quotes) Remember that if you installed the v8.0 in a different folder than the default, then you need to point to that folder, instead of C:\Program Files\Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler 8.0:

Regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files\Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler 8.0\mappro71.ocx”

4. Click OK. You should get a confirmation dialog that the component was registered successfully.

5. Close the confirmation dialog and try re-installing the v8.1 update
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9