[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Image2CRA Utility Questions

Image2CRA Utility Questions

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Image2CRA Utility Questions

Postby MarkY » Wed May 08, 2013 9:17 am

Has anyone used the image2CRA utility program distributed with mappro80? It looks simple to use, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to work.

Does anyone have any information on its use?

Thanks
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Re: Image2CRA Utility Questions

Postby Kevin_T » Wed May 08, 2013 12:28 pm

What sorts of problems are you having? Some details would go a long way towards letting anyone here help you.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a brief document explaining the program's use, on the DVD the program came with (I don't have it handy, so I can't confirm that)
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby jodax3 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm

The img2cra utility works by subdividing the image you load (say its a jpg with dimension 10000 x 5000 and has a *.sat file defined with lon ,lat of -72,41,-73,42) into tiles. You determine the number of tiles by setting the rows and columns, so if the rows where 5 and the columns where 5, each tile would be 2000x1000 pixels. If the "subsample" option is checked , additional tiles are produced at lower subsampled resolutions. All of the tiles produced are placed into a single archived output file (*.cra) . Mappro80 is then able to dynamically choose lower resolution tiles to display at zoomed out scales, and hires tiles to display when zoomed in, increasing the rendering speed without sacrificing image quality. If subsampling is chosen, the lower res , subsampled tiles add to the overall cra size.
jodax3
New User
New User

Postby MarkY » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks, Jodax3. That may be a very good explanation of the internal workings, but I was looking more for information on "practical use"! I have a large image file and I think I am following the flimsy directions provided by the program, but I can't get it to work. So, at this point, I don't really care whether id divides or sub-samples, all I want is some direction on how to make it produce a usable CRA file :-(
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Postby George.Tan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 am

MarkY, though the operation of the program seems simple, I also think the *one page* documentation (most of the page occupied by a graphic) is not what I would expect. Actually, the explanation by jodax3, makes some of the input to the program more understandable, but still - undertow should have provided better documentation for it.
George.Tan
Active User
Active User

Postby Gyrotech » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:31 pm

I think the operation of the program is "very" easy, No need for a user manual for such a simple app. I have used it a bit, so if there are any questions regarding its operation, I may be able to help.
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX