[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Limit on Legend images?

Limit on Legend images?

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Limit on Legend images?

Postby Luke.Leone » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 am

Is there a limit of the bitmap size I can use in a user-created legend entry? And what happens if I use a "large" bitmap? Is is automatically re-sampled to some internal size? Is it clipped?

Thanks
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable - Mark Twain
Luke.Leone
New User
New User

Re: Limit on Legend images?

Postby UShadow » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Luke, I haven't seen any explicit specs, but based on some trial and error, I believe the bitmap that's used is 30wx20h pixels. If a larger bitmap is specified, it appears that the legend routine takes the center 30x20 pixel portions. See below where I show the larger bitmap I specified and what actually appeared in the legend.

Legend4.jpg
Legend4.jpg (14.67 KiB) Viewed 6817 times

legend3.jpg
legend3.jpg (16.54 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Luke.Leone » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks. A quick test shows that you are right on the money!

Now that I have your attention, and since you seem to be knowledgeable about this OCX, if I want to track certain locations on the map and tag information associated with each location, is it better to use the CAD objects, or the setitem objects?
Luke.Leone
New User
New User

Postby UShadow » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:15 am

Well, it depends on the specific use, but if I were you, I'd use the user object layer (well technically, setitem is part of it).

the cad objects are easier to use to mark a location, but not as easy to manipulate (e.g. move around) and customize. The user objects provide a lot more functionality and control.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Luke.Leone » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 am

I guess I was aware of the setitem being part of the user objects layer, but it wasn't clear in my head. Your message prompted me to take a closer look and I realized the setitems are on the 0-th layer. So, I can still use some older code that I had, with setitem, and take advantage of the new userobject routines. And, you are right, the CAD bitmaps would be great for "just" marking a location, but that would be about it. No other control over them.

Thank you. Now that I know you hang out here, I'll let you know if I have any more questions :-)
Luke.Leone
New User
New User

Return to MapPro OCX