[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - VB6 MapPro80 and GPS Control

VB6 MapPro80 and GPS Control

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

VB6 MapPro80 and GPS Control

Postby SamDee » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I promise, the last question (Well, for today). Has anyone successfully used the GPS control the company provides with a VB6-based product? I remember trying it a while ago and having all sorts of problems, so I was wondering if there were any pointers.
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Re: VB6 MapPro80 and GPS Control

Postby jimwelch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 am

I used the GPS in VB6 a while ago, we then moved to MSVS2010. I don't remember any problems. DO you have any specific issues you are encountering?
jimwelch
Active User
Active User

Postby SamDee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I thought I had figured it out, well, I sort-of did, but I am having a hell of a hard time getting the auto-centering to work. I must be missing something very basic about the way it's supposed to work, or something.

No matter what I set the re-centering buffer value to, my map will nor re-center. The cursor disappears off the edge and nothing happens! Then, all of a sudden, as if by magic my map re-centers and I see my GPS cursor, again. I think I followed the directions in the user manual and the sample code, but I don't seem to get it right.

Also, does anyone have any *good* gps arrow images that they could share?
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Postby MarkY » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 pm

The most likely culprit is your code that handles the re-centering. If you want to post it here, someone may be able to spot the mistake.
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Postby ROstmeyer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:34 am

Samdee, I have to agree with MarkY. Posting your code here might be the best thing to do. I should add that the GPS control is fairly simple, and his suggestion of the most likely culprit is also probably right.
ROstmeyer
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX