[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Becoming familiar with mappro

Becoming familiar with mappro

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Becoming familiar with mappro

Postby Claudia » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Working with a Canadian company that has a license to develop with the MapPro SDK and they have asked me to develop some components for their app that would be using some of the MapPro features. I am trying to become familiar with the environment and want to ask some support questions.

For example, I would like to know what is the best way to integrate this component into a pure .Net application, i.e., without having to jump through all the COM object interface hoops that many times result in very fragile system conditions.

There are other questions, as well, but I first wanted to make sure that I am posting in the correct forum for Undertow tech support.
Claudia
New User
New User

Re: Becoming familiar with mappro

Postby MarkY » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Claudia wrote:Working with a Canadian company that has a license to develop with the MapPro SDK and they have asked me to develop some components for their app that would be using some of the MapPro features. I am trying to become familiar with the environment and want to ask some support questions.

For example, I would like to know what is the best way to integrate this component into a pure .Net application, i.e., without having to jump through all the COM object interface hoops that many times result in very fragile system conditions.

There are other questions, as well, but I first wanted to make sure that I am posting in the correct forum for Undertow tech support.

Claudia, there are a whole bunch of smart people in these forums that might be able to answer your questions (they have answered mine in the past), but I don't believe that undertow support provides any help here. I don't even know if they read the posted messages, based on some other posts I have seen.

BTW, the simple answer to your question is, you have to go through the COM interface :-(

I'm sure others will have more detailed, helpful answers for you.
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Postby jodax3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Take a look at this previous topic that gets into creating and using the ocx non-visually.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=372
jodax3
New User
New User

Postby StephenE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 pm

MarkY wrote:
Claudia wrote:Working with a Canadian company that has a license to develop with the MapPro SDK and they have asked me to develop some components for their app that would be using some of the MapPro features. I am trying to become familiar with the environment and want to ask some support questions.

Claudia, there are a whole bunch of smart people in these forums that might be able to answer your questions (they have answered mine in the past), but I don't believe that undertow support provides any help here. I don't even know if they read the posted messages, based on some other posts I have seen.

I think MarkY is right. Undertow doesn't participate in these forums. But I think there have been a couple of users that have enough experience to answer similar questions to yours. Hopefully they will pop-up.
StephenE
New User
New User

Postby Claudia » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:35 pm

StephenE wrote:I think MarkY is right. Undertow doesn't participate in these forums. But I think there have been a couple of users that have enough experience to answer similar questions to yours. Hopefully they will pop-up.

Really? That doesn't make sense! Why would they set up user forums and then not participate to help users?
Claudia
New User
New User

Postby Joe.Tremont » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 am

Claudia wrote:
StephenE wrote:I think MarkY is right. Undertow doesn't participate in these forums. But I think there have been a couple of users that have enough experience to answer similar questions to yours. Hopefully they will pop-up.

Really? That doesn't make sense! Why would they set up user forums and then not participate to help users?

Claudia, I am new in these forums, but I think they are right. Undertow doesn't participate. They set these up for users to talk to each other.
Joe.Tremont
New User
New User

Return to MapPro OCX