[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Using the GPS control

Using the GPS control

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Using the GPS control

Postby MarkY » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 am

Has anyone here used the gps control that comes with mappro80?

I just started messing with it, for a new project we are working on, and find the documentation confusing. I am familiar with gps and nmea sentences, in general, but it seems that the organization of the control's properties and methods are a hodgepodge of things just thrown together.

I'll still try to figure it out, but had a couple of quick questions, in case someone here has already figured them out :-)

(a) how do you turn on voice navigation?

(b) How do I upload my route to a garmin 1300 device?
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Re: Using the GPS control

Postby DK13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:09 pm

As far as i know there are no voice directions. And i think you are misunderstanding the way it works. You cannot transfer information from mappro80 to a GPS device. The GPS device acts as an antenae, providing location information to Mappro80 allowing you to see your current postion on the map.
DK13
Active User
Active User

Re: Using the GPS control

Postby MarkY » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm

DK13 wrote:As far as i know there are no voice directions. And i think you are misunderstanding the way it works. You cannot transfer information from mappro80 to a GPS device. The GPS device acts as an antenae, providing location information to Mappro80 allowing you to see your current postion on the map.

That's a pity. Most mapping/gis products have these features in their standard toolbox, nowadays.
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX