[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - PNG Underlay file will not work!

PNG Underlay file will not work!

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

PNG Underlay file will not work!

Postby LarryWilton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 pm

I was trying to load an 85 Mb PNG underlay file, but it will not import. Actually, it behaves as if it's importing, slows down the rendering, but I don't see the underlay on the screen. At first I thought it might be the size, but the program should be able to handle 85 Mb, shouldn't it?
LarryWilton
Active User
Active User

Re: PNG Underlay file will not work!

Postby UShadow » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 am

It all depends on "how" they deal with the image internally. If they load the whole image and then create a memory bitmap, an 85 Mb PNG file is expanded to a much larger file, 3, 4, 5... times larger. It should probably still be accommodated, but I am just pointing out that looking at the size of the file on the disk doesn't tell the whole story. You may want to contact them directly and ask them.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby LarryWilton » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Reading up on the various formats, I am starting to see the benefits of using different format files.

Based on the info from undertow, it appears that unless there is some pressing need to do otherwise, using BMP format for underlay files is probably the most efficient way, since only the needed portion each time is loaded from disk.
LarryWilton
Active User
Active User

Postby George.Tan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Why couldn't undertow use methods that other similar tools use where they can load *MUCH* larger PNG, BMP, JPG or any other format file?
George.Tan
Active User
Active User

Postby UShadow » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 am

George.Tan wrote:Why couldn't undertow use methods that other similar tools use where they can load *MUCH* larger PNG, BMP, JPG or any other format file?

Did you try using the Img2CRA tool? It may work for you.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby George.Tan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:44 pm

I wanted to use it, but where is the documentation for it?
George.Tan
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX