[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Datasource does not appear to authorize...

Datasource does not appear to authorize...

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Datasource does not appear to authorize...

Postby FletcherJ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi all,

I am getting the following error message when I try to run the sample code (tools/Points of interest menu option):
Datasource does not appear to authorize Use of POI Dataset!

I have just installed the latest version and tried to run the sample app. In addition to this error, I also cannot get it to show me any streets, counties, etc. via the tools/load layers menu option (but while that seems to do nothing, at least I don't get an error message.)

This is on a 64 bit Win 7 system, running VS 2010, compiler set to gen x86 code, target framework set to 4, and startup object set to "program.cs".

Any help or sugesstions are greatly appreciated.

me
FletcherJ
Active User
Active User

Re: Datasource does not appear to authorize...

Postby Gyrotech » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 pm

That sounds like (a) you haven't licensed the POI data from undertow, or (b) the value of the datasource property is not set to use POIs, or both (a) and (b).

Do you have a license of the POI data and do you have the POI dataset on your system?

As for the other issues, have you set the datapaths to point to the location of the data on your system? It sounds as if you may not have.

You may want to browse through the user manual, some of that information is in there. Lastly, you may want to fire off an email to undertow directly. They are pretty good at responding to users.
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Datasource does not appear to authorize...

Postby FletcherJ » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Greetings,

You are right, I did not realize it was part of the license. It would be nice if the sample code simply had a try-catch or some sort that would pop up a message to the effect that the option does not appear to be included in the license or some such....

Thanks,

me
FletcherJ
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX